If you are like me and you always buy alot at a time (or you grow them) because everyone loves them so much, sometimes you might need ideas on how to eat them different ways.
Here are some wonderful and yummy ways I found over at Domesblissity - Please go over and check out her wonderful blog - she's very inspiring with lots of delicious recipes and loads more!
1. Strawberry Jelly
Mix up a jelly as per instructions. Add fruit and leave to set.
2. Strawberry ice cubes
You can leave the strawberries whole. Place in an ice cube try and fill with water. Add to a glass or jug of cold water to serve. You can also mash/blend/puree the strawberries, fill the ice cube tray and add the strawberry ice cubes to dacquiris, lemonade, champagne or suck on as is.
3. Strawberry icy poles
4. Strawberry pancakes
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted, plus more for serving
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- Pure maple syrup, for serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, milk and vanilla. Preheat a nonstick griddle over medium heat.
- Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry. Stir in the melted butter. The batter should be thick and smooth. Fold in the strawberries.
- Spoon the batter onto the griddle 1/4 cup at a time. Cook the pancakes until set and thoroughly bubbly, about 3 minutes. Flip them with a spatula and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes more. Serve with butter and maple syrup.
5. Strawberry butter
Mix finely chopped strawberries with softened butter. Spread on anything that you would usually spread butter on.
6. Strawberry and apple crumble
You can find the recipe here
7. Strawberry, yoghurt and muesli parfait
8. Strawberry Eton Mess
9. Strawberry cake